tHe sMaLl GrEeN tHiNg...

Monday, October 04, 2004

NYAA Gold Award Ceromony...

Indeed a exciting day as I will be meeting the President today to recieve the award.Is Gold,since a very long time since I tasted Gold.
Woke up early in the morning but my mother was already prepared to go out already.Abit kua zhang right?
Got out of house at 8.15pm where I shuld be reporting to the venue before 9.30pm.But seems like today's bus don't want to go my way.Waited quite a long time for the feeder bus and the 74.In the end we took cab down to my school.My mother always says that $10 fare was too expensive so I paid the fare befroe she can complain or anything.And by the way,it was held in my school Conventional Hall.
Got to the place before time and reported my name.Very shocked that my name fall under Singapore Polytechnic.I already asked it to be under ITE Dover as I am proud of it.Don't want to make a scene therefore followed the instruction given.Then to realise to that my mom was not given a seat.So she will have to be seated on the floor,no lah.Where can,a pretty lady brought her to a seat personally and I head for mine too.
It can be boring as I have to sit in the seat quietly listening to my reciever to entertain myself.Waited for 45 minutes or so before the President arrives.Accompany him was Mr Mah Bow Tan and Prince Edward.WHo is this Prince Edward?
The ceromony begins with a HeartBeat Percasion Band which is a band made up of drums from all races.It as a great ear experience.Then the speeches and finally the long waited presentation begins.One by one goes up the stage with the card bearing your name.The card will be scanned by the computer can read out your name upon your turn.It can also be a long wait as there are 276 people recieving the award,where Singapore Polytechnic is among the last.
Happily got up the stage,where the claps was so warming.Why because the Nanyang Polytechnic people are like playing on the wrong land when they are recieving the award.The cheers are wild you see.I shaked the President's hand,then the Prince Edward's and lastly Mah Bow Tan's.When I was shaking his,I told him "TAMPINES ARE THE DOUBLE CHAMPIONS!" She shaked my even longer and harder.People was like huh?What happened? I smiled.The last person to recieve was a YMCA student.The clap was the loudest.He thought was for him and he waved back at us,but the loud claps was because it was the finally the last,not for him,thick skin.
After that,the guest process for some refreshments while we stayed back for phototaking sessions.
When its time for refreshment,it was almost all gone.I was in the last group taking photo. :( Got something to eat there like a creaamed bun?Meet Jack after that for awhile and of course he was very shock that I recieved such a award and is in GOLD!Was supposed to return the red box to the organisor to exchange for the certificate but I didn't.Since I can't get my food,I brought my mother around my school campus before we head for AMK centre to eat.People are so proud to recieve the prize but I don't really feel anything.I quietly took out my vest and tie,put it into my bag.
It was a special day for me so I self-declared off for the day.I was planing to go class today but it ended almost 1pm,so I didn't.