tHe sMaLl GrEeN tHiNg...

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Martial Art Competition @ Suntec...

Ok,I gather my guts.Combed my hair and get ready to go Suntec from the opera that side.I reached that place slightly before 6pm as in the newspaper it says it start at 6.When I reached the Tropical Atrium,I only see kids in their costume but adults or my age I can't see even 1.I went forward to the registration counter to ask about it.He said there are people like my taking part.So the nice young man gave me a form to be filled in.Before he gave me,he also gave a comment on my hair.He said "Lin Jun Jie".I was like "huh"?
Filling in the form can be a problem too.There is this part that ask what am I going to perform.I really don't know what.The stage was square and I got my favourite sword with me.But if I play sword There will not have enough space for me.Finally decided on Northern Fist.
Sumbitted my form and I went to look for Gary at Osim's as my brother nowhere to be found too.Talked to him for awhile and he agreed to accompany me to the stage later.
Time has come for me to do my reporting.But I was still not prepared as my stupid brother was not here and I cannot get myself to prepare.When I was sitting on my number,I got a tap on my shoulder.It was my brother so I quickly throw everything to him and change in front of everyone.Everyone must be very shocked at the speed f how I change.Less than 1 minute I complete.My brother said many people was looking.From normal dressing to costume.
Hao Yi,Andrew and the "Shi Wang Ye" from the "Xi Yuan Lu" were the 3 host cum judges.
The shooting starts.Firstly we were asked to salute to the camera when it turn to us but I got a attitude problem.I just smile sweetly at the camera as there were no place for me to do anything.People were rushing to get a big screen on the tv where I don't feel like having one.After that the whole thing begins...
One by one went up the stage and after the fifth,it is my turn.Nerviously walked up the stage.Andrew passed me the mic.And the 4 of us start to chat on the stage.They were asking me questions and I was like answering them in long sentence,that is what communication is all about.Not 'yes','no', 'uh' or just simply nod head.When asked about my age,that is where I am so *blushing*.Don't know what to answer.Then there was 1 part,that was not film because they were changing tapes and I was like interviewed by the them again.They were like asking me to how many years I was into this line.So i told them the years I do it for amatuer and profession and retired in the end.So funny.
It time for me to do my routine.I gathered all my frog-spirit and started.I only planned to do all the jumpings only but I don't know why got the "surprise" to do the whole routine,so I did the whole routine.The 3 host was impressed as that was really a national standard.Ok,I was given to sit on the honours seat they called.One by one came up the stage and I survive the few ordeals.One person came after me was my friend,we chat on the stage and no long after he was eliminated.Next comes the girl who eliminated my friend.The first thing she said to me was "hi,you are a in the national team before right?"I asked her who told her,she replied Li Li lao shi.I looked at her and as thinking.Oh Li Li still remebmers me althought we talked once twice.And by the way,she was once the Wushu teacher at ATS.Then,start to chat with the girl about the coming up people to see if they post any threat to us,or rather me.The 'Shi Wang Ye' also suddenly came up to me once to tell me that my seat will be shaking as the the choosen one are all Li Li's student.Only I am not.
Next came this uncle,who have a iron belly.Invite people to hit his belly.If invite me or my brother up,he will have to suffer abit as to destroy his belly you cannot use purely force,you will have to use other types of forces.I study forces so don't play with me.5-6 people came forward to try his belly and he did perform a old tradition routine.I saw it before in Peneng when I was performing very there.My buddies that time named it as "Catch Mosqitoes Throw Mosqitoes".The orignal name was "Ba Gua Quan".
And guess what was the result of this uncle?I WAS ELIMINATED BY HIM!!! Oh my god,the girl and I predicted he will not have a chance to sit but we were wrong.I took a bow to the people on and off stage and to the girl of course because she was impressive on stage just now.She is a new blood of Singapore Wushu.
I get off the stage and call for my brother.I change at my fastest speed and went to look for Gary again in the shop before we head for AMK Goodspeed to play LAN and home.