tHe sMaLl GrEeN tHiNg...

Friday, August 20, 2004

Uncle and Family From Hong Kong...

They came to Singapore today.With my 2 cousin,one elder and one is two months younger then me.The 3 of us have not seen each other for 22-7=15 years.That was very long.I still remember when they left Singapore 15 years ago at Changi Airport.I cried on my father's pickup.And that period was when I can speak Cantonese so well.I miss them lot and I did sob after they left a week later.
When they came throught the belt today,they were so unfamiliar to me.The 3 of us have changed,appearance,height and thinking and LANGUAGE! When I wanted to talk to them,it will be like an alien and frog communicating.My mom's was working so did not go to airport.I am the representative of my family.
After we left for airport,we head for East Coast to eat seafood. WHAT SEAFOOD?My lip might get swollen again if I touch seafood even though it might be fresh.I tried not to touch seafood.But at least to give face,I eat abit of SRI LANKA CRAB!(Talking fast)The crab is so big you know,and is in satay gravy,the meat was so soft and big,it was so tasty can.But to play safe,I only eat a small piece of the arm.
During the dinner,I suddenly hear the sea waves screaming.It was the kind of natural sound I have been looking for for my xiao pin competition next year.
After that we head to my grandma's house where they will be staying.Over there,uncle gave me 3 things from his company.By the way,he is working as a movie editor and the show he edit invloved Jacky Chan,Jet Li and Leon Lai.Big names can.He gave me and my brother a limited edition ruler which got Jacky Chan film strip printed on it.He also gave us picture cards and notebooks from his company.T-shirts which my aunt in Hong Kong bought for us and asked him to pass to us.Oh,thats was more then 3,whatever.
Suddenly I miss biao jie. :(
Tomorrow there will be statistic test and they will be climbing Bukit Timah Hill,visit my 2nd uncle's house nearby and head for Gim Tim Yishun for lunch.ATS I will not be going even though I am supposed to.